Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - Wii U
ESRB Rating: Everyone
Release Date: Feb. 21, 2014
Help Donkey Kong and his friends save their home and banana hoard from marauding Vikings in the Donkey Kong Country™: Tropical Freeze game from Retro Studios. All the challenging ground-pounding, barrel-blasting, side-scrolling mine cart action from the Donkey Kong Country series is back along with a bushel of new game play elements and features.
Reclaim the now-frozen DK Island from the invading Snowmads. Master Donkey Kong’s ground pound and each of his buddy’s unique abilities to navigate diverse island environments like Mangrove swamps, Savannah storms, ocean depths, and the frozen lands of DK Island. The barrel-blasting, mine-carting action of Donkey Kong Country is back, along with a bushel of new features like upgraded underwater swimming, a new “plucking” system, dynamic viewing angles from a rotating camera, and collectables galore. Team up with friends in local 2-player multiplayer* to share in the adventure and reclaim DK Island from a host of wintery baddies and bosses.
Tip Don't have a Wii U yet? Check out Donkey Kong Returns for Wii - see below.
- Fun and Challenging - suitable for older kids, teens and adults - who love non-stop adventure.
- Dixie Kong is back to join the adventure as a playable character alongside Diddy Kong. Either can buddy up with Donkey Kong, and each character offers a different game-play experience.
- Explore new dynamic levels that twist, turn and transform in new ways. Plus enjoy spectacular views from the dynamic rotating camera.
- On their journey to reclaim Donkey Kong Island, Donkey Kong and his friends travel across five islands with a variety of stages that include underwater areas and frozen environments.
- Enhance Donkey Kong’s exploration and unlock secrets with a variety of new moves, including a “plucking” system to pull items right out of the ground.
- Team up with friends in a cooperative multiplayer mode that lets two players share in the fun together. (Additional player needs a Wii Remote Plus - sold separately.)
Compatible with Wii U Console. Not compatible with older Wii console.
Which Wii do I have?